Introduction

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer, if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for i have some flax golden tales to spin. Come in, Come in." -Shel Sylverstien, Where the Sidewalk Ends

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Portrait of Happiness

Hello, and welcome back!
Lately I have been working on a self portrait. I had my picture taken a few weeks ago and have been working on turning it into a tempered painting ever since. A tempered drawing is basically intentionally damaging your picture beyond repair. It will turn out looking really nice, though. I am still in the process of painting a practice of my portrait, but pretty soon I will ink it and color it in with colored pencil. It is actually a longer process than I just made it seem. I need to finish painting, dry that, paint ink over that, let that dry, wash the ink off, let that dry, and color it in with colored pencil. Trust me, it will look fantastic when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment